Friday, September 09, 2011

Flight/Trip Report: Toronto-Tokyo-Taipei

I wrote about my Mini-RTW flights in May and now I have completed the insane trip, and here are my thoughts.



Toronto - Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal 1
Food - Average. Hot foods are pasta/ravioli and soups. Salad/Chips/Nachos/Fruits. Alchol/Beverages/Juices
Service - They cleared the plates and re-filled food quickly
Hardware - Average, there are sofas, magazines, computers, slow wi-fi. The 2 shower rooms are nice (I took a shower just because I could), inside isn't too fancy though (and lack of clean towels?)

Overall - Nice to get in if you can, but wouldn't make extra efforts to qualify. Average

AC1 Toronto Pearson (YYZ) Tokyo Narita (NRT) 77W Executive
13 hours, 10297 km
Seat: 11A, Full business class. 1-2-1 layout

Food - Most memorable ones of my trip. I loved the Japanese meals (see pictures to understand). The self-serve bar is great (vs. my other segments had none). I missed these nuts
Service - Surprisingly above my expectation. Attendants were nice and prompt
Hardware - I'm glad I tried the AC fish-bone J product despite the costly fuel surcharge. It may be dated but it still does the job. I had lots of storage space, lie flat is awesome for sleep (but I only slept 30 minutes due to excitement?). LCD is huge and movie selections are good. Amenity kit is average.

Overall - I'd fly AC long-haul J product again in a heartbeat (not Domestic though). I missed the food still. A+

Tokyo - ANA Lounge at Terminal 1, Satellite 5
Food - You have the Noodle bars and many selections on drinks and snacks. No good sushi though
Service - Average+, you know Japanese will never disappoint you in service.
Hardware - Big lounge space, worth the walk from Satellite 4 to 5 (20 minutes) with nice view. Lots of people though. The hidden massage chairs in the back corner were nice

Overall - Nice to get in if you can. Average+

NH1083 Tokyo Narita (NRT) Taipei (TPE) 763 Executive
4 hours, 2181 km
Seat: 7D moved freely to 10G. Half-empty, 2-1-2 layout

Food - Single meal for the short flight. Average+
Service - Pretty attentive, Average+
Hardware - Standard business class seat, not flat or big LCD but okay for short flight

Overall - Average+. Enjoyed the friendly service all the way.

Movies Watched
Love and Other Drugs
Limitless
Morning Glory
Two for the Money

No comments:

Post a Comment